9.04.2014

ARTISTS X BLOGGERS

Remember the post I wrote about Igor + André?

Well, while I was reading some new blog posts this morning, I came upon that picture on the Betty Facebook Page :


As I easily recognized the mark of Danny's art (the illustrator of the duo), I thought "wow, I like Betty's blog very much, but it seems I didn't figure out how popular Betty was among the blogosphere and the "fashion" world online in general." 

Then I looked at Igor + André illustrations collection, and I found out Danny drew many portraits of bloggers among the web, named : Blogger's portrait.


Here's the one of Betty :



I found these amazing! And it's also incredible to see how fast a blogger's reputation can grow through that kind of "collaboration". Some bloggers are now having a very special statut in the blogosphere, being considered as experts, role models, and also some kind of stars to some. Seeing how technology can empower each each and everyone of us to build a whole "brand" around their blog and persons in fascinating. 

I remember I did draw a portrait for a blogger once. It was more than two years ago. Here's the link of the post, and here's the drawing :


It was for Pauline, creator of the Pauline Fashion Blog. It was fun to collaborate with her, and beyond the artistic motivation behind the initiative, I also got many benefits from it. 

As she posted my drawing of her very popular blog, her audience could hear of me and go check my blog as well. That boosted my daily visitors number and enabled me to interact with many people who wrote me that I was talented, and who asked me for some advice about how to draw, etc, etc.

I love the way everyone can express himself and get connected so easily through the web. How inspiring our sharing culture online can be! 


No comments:

Post a Comment